Thursday, November 10, 2011

Quebec: Lower Your Expectations

Quebec....The province of inconvenience...or bureaucratic chaos...your choice.  I am continually left shaking my head at the level of disorganization and waste in this province.  I keep expecting efficiency and yet, I am left with frustration. Apparently, my expectations are way too high.  Road construction without proper signage, document centers that lose and/or misdirect papers and take weeks/months to process, licencing centers that do not inform you of ALL required documents (leaving you to reschedule another appointment a MONTH later!) *A heads-up for those who don't know: In Qc, females are required to keep their maiden names...and if you are from out of province you can expect to easily confuse and arouse suspicion if you did not maintain your maiden name from your past causing great grief in your attempt to get anything accomplished from a bureaucratic perspective...including going to a hospital for a medical emergency.

I am trying not to get too specific let alone emotionally involved in writing this information, but I have got to say: it is *%$##@!! frustrating trying to get things done in this province! ...And I just wanted to leave a little warning for others entering into the chaos zone of Canada: ATTENTION!

No comments: